YB. DATO’ SERI MOHAMED KHALED NORDIN
MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION
TALENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME BETWEEN THE CONSORTIUM OF MALAYSIAN UNIVERSITIES (CMU), TUSAS MALAYSIA & TUSAS AKADEMI (TURKIYE)
24TH MAY 2023 (WEDNESDAY)
Distinguished guests, Ladies & Gentlemen,
- I am honoured to be here today and would like to extend my warmest congratulations to all our partners namely, the Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT), TUSAS Akademi (Türkiye) and TUSAS Malaysia for their continuous and undivided support for the programme with the Consortium of Malaysian Universities.
- This collaboration is a significant milestone in our shared goal of promoting industry-academia collaboration in talent and capacity development.
- As we all know, the aerospace industry is one of the most challenging and exciting fields in the With its highly innovative, ground-breaking research, and rapid growth, the industry constantly requires a highly skilled and talented workforce to fuel its success.
- A well-structured talent development programme like this is essential not only for the sustainability of the aerospace industry in general.
- This can be understood by looking into the following dynamics.
- Firstly, it ensures that the industry will have a constant supply of skilled professionals and industry-ready talents.
- The supply of the professional and talent is crucial to ensure that we are capable to design, build, and maintain the next generation of aircraft.
- This is particularly important as the industry faces increasing competition from other sectors and countries for a common talent pool.
- Secondly, by collaborating, members of the academia, as well as industry players, can leverage on each other’s expertise and experience in specialized knowledge.
- Such engagement will constructively pave ways to exposure and mastery of cutting-edge technologies, equipment, resources, and state-of-the-art facilities.
- In the long term, it will further drive innovation, develop highly complex problem- solving capabilities and new technologies.
- All this will eventually lead to breakthrough discoveries and advancements in the field. These in turn lead to new patents, publications, and commercial opportunities, as well as to the advancement of knowledge in the field.
Distinguished guests, Ladies & Gentlemen,
- I am pleased to see that the MoU signed by all parties on 7 April this year has now developed into a real tangible action.
- This collaborative Talent Development Programme is only the first of many in the pipeline as the parties embark on this exciting journey together.
- Based on the plan, this comprehensive programme will touch upon several activities.
- Firstly, Academic Staff Industrial Placement and Training.
- This programme for academic staff presents the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience, which enhances theoretical knowledge.
- It also provides accelerated design and manufacturing experience to enhance the development of big-picture thinking for aircraft design processes.
- Secondly, Joint Research Activities.
- Sharing of knowledge and resources is nowadays I believe that it is through such sharing, it will form a practical basis for strategic and complex research and innovation.
- Thirdly, apprenticeship programmes for undergraduates and postgraduates.
- One of the criticism to our higher education and graduate employability is the lack of exposure or connection with the industry.
- Therefore, alignment of students' projects with industry needs cannot be more crucial. I am glad that this collaboration will also address this concern by including structured apprenticeship programmes.
- Lastly is, this collaboration will also offer a Joint Organization of Student Competitions.
- For me, this is an exciting features of the program. It will allow students to showcase their talents and abilities, fostering healthy competition and
- It is also an excellent opportunity for students to showcase their skills and contribute to the development of this rapidly growing field.
Ladies and gentlemen,
- I would also like to take a moment to acknowledge the crucial role played by the Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT) in facilitating this partnership between the Consortium of Malaysian Universities and Turkish Aerospace.
- Their efforts have been invaluable in bridging the gap between academia and industry, bringing together the best of both worlds to achieve common goals.
- The Ministry of Higher Education will continue to work closely with all our partners to ensure the success and sustainability of this collaboration with a lasting impact on society and the world at large.
- With that, I wish the very best for all parties involved in this
Thank you. Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
- Terakhir dikemaskini pada .
- Hits: 2981