RETHINKING THE BANNING OF AFGHAN WOMEN IN UNIVERSITIES
- I am very saddened to learn about the decision of Afghanistan's Higher Education Ministry on the recent banning of women from Afghanistan's higher institutions.
- I have written to the Honourable Minister, Neda Mohammad Nadeem, and delivered the same through its Ambassador in Malaysia, His Excellency Dr Moheb Rahman Spinghar, to revisit the said decision as it is detrimental to Muslims' educational development in the future.
- I have shared with the Honourable Minister, among others, our country's experience and practice in Malaysia to honour women who contribute primarily to our national interest agenda.
- Malaysia has proved how women have immensely improved the nation's reputation through sound education. Harnessing the talent and skills of Malaysian Muslim women as equal partners in various industries has helped to thrive in Malaysia's economy to become a high-income country.
- I believe that education for Afghan women will make them a valuable asset to the nation and helps build resilience, stability and strong social cohesion towards nation-building.
- I hope Afghanistan's Higher Education Ministry can reconsider the decision, and I wish Afghanistan's people well in building the nation together.
DATO’ SERI MOHAMED KHALED NORDIN
MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION
27 DECEMBER 2022
- Terakhir dikemaskini pada .
- Hits: 6388