YB DATO’ HAJI MOHAMMAD YUSOF BIN APDAL
DEPUTY MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION
MOU SIGNING CAREMONY
15TH JUNE 2023
- Let us all be grateful that by the grace of Allah Subhanu Wa Taala, we are able to gather here today at the Saujana Hotel Kuala Lumpur to witness the MOU signing ceremony between the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia (MOHE) with TATA Consultancy Services (TCS), Malaysia. It is an honour to greet all of you, and to particularly extend a warm welcome to the distinguished guests.
- I also would like to thank the organiser for inviting me to officiate this significant event.
- As we know, Malaysia Government has outlined in the Malaysia Digital Economy Blueprint, which is to transform Malaysia into a digitally driven, high income nation and a regional leader in the digital economy. To achieve this vision, we as a nation, require individuals with skills and technological competence that are future proof.
Ladies and Gentleman,
- Our role in the Ministry of Higher Education is to play our part in strengthening Malaysia’s intellectual resources and this begins with our youth of today. We want to impact the students by providing them with the opportunity to obtain access of training and programs that can transform them into professional digital talents who are future ready.
- For the Ministry, building an ecosystem that ensures our graduates receive the best education and achieve fully employed, the Ministry will always stand ready to lend a support to any initiative that help our graduates find their rightful careers. This initiative could help the Ministry to achieve the target of 85% graduate employability rate by the year 2025.
Ladies and Gentleman,
- Hence, today’s MoU with TCS Malaysia is another important step in the holistic effort by the Malaysian Government to involve all relevant stakeholders in the effort to achieve national goals.
- Under this cooperation, initiatives such as Industrial Knowledge, Resource Expertise, Professional Program, Short Courses, Research and Development would nurture industry-ready skills and enhance employability among students.
- What is being initiated today is essential as it can provide supply of skilled professionals and industry- ready talents to various industries due to rapid technological advancements.
- With this, I hope to see more tangible programs that not only provide appropriate training and development, but job matching and placement where student will have the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience, exposure or connection with the relevant industries.
- Therefore, I am pleased that Ministry of Higher Education and TCS Malaysia are helping to bridge the gap between academia and industries. Timely and relevant training initiatives as this can be a catalyst towards a bright and fulfilling career opportunity for the graduates of Malaysia. With that, I once again congratulate for this effort and wish all parties the very best.
Thank you. Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
- Terakhir dikemaskini pada .
- Hits: 1243