Repayment of Education Loan (Tabung Pinjaman Pelajaran, TPP)
The Education Loan (TPP) offered by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) is a Federal Education Revolving Loan Trust Fund established under the Financial Procedure Act 1957. The loan is given to students furthering their studies at certificate level in Polytechnics and Community Colleges under the Ministry. TPP borrowers are to repay the loan starting 6 months after completing their studies, or upon securing a job (whichever comes first). MOHE has stipulated a monthly repayment instalment of RM125, although a monthly payment higher than the amount required is encouraged. Borrowers are to adhere strictly to the repayment schedule provided. Reminders will be issued should the borrowers fail to comply with the schedule. A loan repayment letter of claim will be sent to borrowers within 6 months of completing their studies. In cases where the borrowers have withdrawn from or failed their studies, the letter of claim shall be sent out immediately upon notification of the borrowers’ status by the Polytechnic/Community College concerned.
Online Statement / Balance Statement Review
Balance Statement Letter
Borrowers may apply in writing through a letter/email/fax. The latest official balance statement will be issued within three (3) working days from the date of receipt of the application.
Payment Procedure using Bank Islam Cash Deposit Machine
- Payment procedure:
- Select YURAN IPT /BILL PRESENTMENT menu
- Enter Borrower’s Identity Card (I/C) number
- Select MOHE
- Verify Borrower’s details and deposit the cash
- Verify the amount of cash deposited
- Transaction completed and Receipt issued
- Please keep the receipt as proof of payment.
BANK ISLAM (BIMBB) Internet Banking
To use this service, the borrower/contract defaulter has to open a BIMB internet banking account via www.bankislam.com.my. Select "Payment/Services" >> Bill Presentment >> New IC Number >> Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi Malaysia
Payment through the website at www.cimbclicks.com.my.
To use this service, the borrower/contract defaulter should register at www.posonline.com.my.
NEAREST PAYMENT CHANNEL AT THE MOHE BUILDING
(Limited to Bank Islam ATM Card holders only)
BANK ISLAM AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINE (ATM)
(Limited to Bank Islam ATM Card holders only)
Payment through the ATM can only be made by the Bank Islam ATM card holders.
Application for TPP overpayment claims can be made by submitting the form and documents as follows :-
- TPP Overpayment Claim Form (download form);
- A copy of bank account details;
- A copy of payslips for the last two (2) months (regardless of whether monthly salary deductions are made to MOHE)
Notification display: Your ledger shows overpayment, for enquiries or
Update Loan Information/Status
If the borrower’s address has changed or the borrower has not received any letter of claim for repayment within six (6) months of completing studies, information can be updated by completing the update form (download form).
It is the responsibility of the borrower/guarantor/next-of-kin to immediately notify the Ministry in the case of the borrower’s death/disability/chronic illness to avoid a letter of reminder/non-compliance to repayment schedule being issued to the borrower. The notification can be made by completing the borrower’s death/disability/chronic illness notification form (download form).
- Information Update Form;
- TPP Borrower’s Death/Disability/Chronic Illness Notification Form.
Aras 2, No. 2, Menara 2, Jalan P5/6, Presint 5
62200 W.P. Putrajaya
Rescheduling of Loan Repayment
A borrower can be considered for a reduction in the monthly instalment rate of an education loan repayment in the following cases:
- The borrower is a receiver of aids from Government agencies such as the Social Welfare Department (Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat, JKM), zakat or subsistence benefits such as Bantuan Sara Hidup (BSH); OR
- The borrower is unemployed (as verified by the Ketua Kampung/ JKKK/ Penghulu); OR
- The borrower's existing debt commitment has exceeded 60% of the monthly salary.
The borrower will have to complete a form, with the following supporting documents attached:
- The borrower’s Income Declaration Form (download form) verified by the Ketua Kampung/ JKKK or Penghulu attached to the application form (download form);
- A copy of the borrower’s payslip (endorsed by the Employer, if employed);
- An Instalment Reduction Appeal Letter (please provide strong justifications); and
- Other supporting documents (e.g. recipient account for BR1M/BSH/zakat/e-KASIH etc.)
Application for Payment Settlement Confirmation
The borrower may apply in writing for the Payment Settlement Confirmation via letter/email/fax to be issued accordingly by submitting the following:
- The borrower’s full name;
- Identity card (IC) number (as in the contract);
- Telephone number;
- Postal address.
- Last updated on .
- Hits: 8380